Students requiring service modifications should contact Evelyn Lester, Director of Disability Services, 315-228-7375, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learning Ally membership and digitization of materials (alternative formats) are available through the Director of Disability Services
- Extended loan periods.
- Dorm or office delivery of materials.
- Help getting material from the shelves.
- Renewal of materials by phone or online.
- Checkout of equipment (noise-cancelling headphones, high quality microphone, USB drive with screen-reader program)
Services offered by the research librarians:
- Research development and assistance (one-on-one appointments are available)
Services offered by Special Collections & University Archives
- Case-Geyer: Reserved parking spaces are available near the Level 3 entrance on the East parking lot (facing Admissions/JB Colgate building). The lower-lot (West) near JC Colgate and Little Hall also has reserved parking; however there is a steep ramp to reach the Level 3 entrance. The Level 5 entrance has a steep ramp leading to the bridge.
- Cooley: There are reserved parking spaces available on Academic Drive, near the entrance of the library.
- Floor plans of the libraries’ spaces are available online, as well as in directories throughout the building, and paper fliers are available at the service desks.
- An adjustable height table is available on level 3 of Case-Geyer.
- Every floor in Case-Geyer has a fully compliant ADA accessible stall in the men’s and women’s bathrooms, located on the West side of the building. Level 4 also has a gender-neutral single stall bathroom with locking door and extra space for mobility. It is located directly across from the West-side elevator on Level 4.
- Cooley Science Library has a fully compliant ADA stall in the bathrooms outside of library entrance in the basement of McGregory.
Case-Geyer room 555D contains two computers with extra assistive technology hardware and software. The room can be reserved through a Standard Room Request on EMS, and the room key is checked out at the Circulation Desk on Level 3. The space is sound-proofed more than other rooms in the library, and can be used as a quiet space for decompression.
- Large screen TV with remote
- Document Magnifier with multiple settings
- 24" high-resolution monitor
- ZoomText Large Print Keyboard
- Sennheiser PC131 headsets (headphones and microphone)
- Epson Scan
- Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home Edition voice recognition software, version 12
- ABBYY FineReader Pro 12 (includes support for Arabic and other languages)
- Inspiration 9.0.3 for mindmapping
- NVDA Screen Reader
- 27" high-resolution monitor
- MacOS X Big Sur
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Built-in Accessibility options (dictation, VoiceOver, etc.)
A scanner is available in the room for conversion of printed text to digital. 2 Noise Cancelling headphones are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk on Level 3. Other equipment circulate through ITS.