Case Library and Center for Information Technology Food and Drink Policy
The Case Library and Geyer Center for Information Technology allows food and drink in the 24-hour space (the Café and Room 565) on the 5th floor and as arranged for meetings in room 560. Consumption of food is limited to these spaces. Beverages in covered containers are allowed on all floors.
WHY DO WE HAVE THESE RESTRICTIONS?
- Protect the collection and equipment from damage caused by spills and stains
- Prevent infestation of bugs, mice, etc.
- Keep floors, carpets, and furnishings in good condition.
- Patrons will be asked by staff members to use the Café or Flex Room 565 on the 5th floor for all eating.
- Non compliance may result in being asked to leave the area.
- Enforcement of continued non-compliance becomes a Campus Safety and Disciplinary Board issue.
Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Exceptions for special events are at the discretion of the University Librarian, must be arranged in advance of the event, and are subject to the University's alcohol policies.